April 1, 2014

What a Strange Day Its Been...


I had the strangest experience - I was rising amidst the clouds going ever higher and higher. "Oh God - its time!"I thought I had died and was on my way to heaven. But no such luck because just then I came to a sudden halt. You know just like in the cartoons there is that 2 or 3 second delay when they know they are going to fall - then they do? That's what happened to me!

This is me when I realized I was going down

So I rapidly descended - screaming the whole way down then screamed even more because the next thing I knew was that I was about to plunge into the ocean - and I can't swim!

It was obviously somewhere tropical given the kinds of fish that were there - and the very warm water - hot actually

I sank pretty quickly - straight to the bottom. And there on the ocean floor were thousands of crabs and lobsters opening and closing their claws just waiting to pinch me like they do - and they did - and I screamed and screamed just like a kid getting his lollipop taken away. I screamed so much I began to see spots. Lots of spots. All colors of spots. They were everywhere and that's all there was - 
colored spots.

This is me screaming my head off about to be pinched by thousands of crabs and lobsters - and then there were spots


The spots began to multiply and merge together getting muddier and muddier by the minute - kind of like some of my paintings now that I think of it. But it wasn't the same as paint mud it was more like marshmallow whip mud because I started to stick to it - I was immobilized in the sticky stuff so much so I could not breath and I began to panic. Some got in my mouth and it tasted like coffee - "agghhh, I loath coffee!" I thought - it makes me jittery. I could see where the marshmallow was coming from - atop a rocky cliff cascading hundreds of feet down creating a river of marshmallow mud.

The coffee-tasting marshmallow mud tumbling down the the rocky cliff - its white here because the sun was shining - but it was really a brownish yellow coffee-color with cream kind of hue.



Just as my head was submerging into the marshmallow and I figured this was my demise - I awoke. My face in the pillow I arose catching a whiff and aroma of coffee my wife was making in the kitchen - a comforting smell I will say. I won't drink it but the smell sure has many good memories. So it must have been a dream  I thought - that's sure a relief!

Anyways that was my strange experience - and it was only a dream - thank God.
But as I go through my day and I write this blog I have this weird feeling that something is amiss - its just not quite right. Something with my head - I just can't put a finger on it - Oh well it should go away, right?




.

. 


. 


. 


. 


. 


. 

Me - now - typing this blog ....  Happy April Fools Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment