April 12, 2014

Art Show, Deadlines, Paintings, Clocks & Spring

Western Art Week has come and gone - the first time in 10 years I did not show at some venue - other than the Russell auction. In a way I missed it - seeing and talking with people I only see that one time a year. In other ways I did not miss it - like the stress of it all - it was in a way freeing to have not done it. 

I do apologize to anyone who was expecting to see my new work this March - I had posted in previous posts I would still be painting and listing them here on my website and this blog. I did begin a number of pieces as pictured on previous posts but have not completed many as yet - but I will, I will and I will post them here. Yes I did come down with a cold that week but I think foremost it had a lot to do with the deadline - or lack thereof. I tend to live by the deadline. My calendar is deadlines and due dates - it seems to be my motivator ...... shhhh! I'm not proud of that fact but it has been true.

Anyways I haven't been finishing paintings as of late also because I have been busy helping my wife Laura get ready for her first showing of her colorful upcycled clock creations - see here












She'll be showing them at the UC Art Fair at the University of Montana in Missoula April 17th - April 19th. After all these years she supported me at my art shows we are now reversing roles for a change - its taking a bit of getting used to for me but kind of nice not being in the drivers seat. I think it will be great for her - she has had good success since getting started in October - getting into some galleries/gift shops and selling on Etsy - and in the wings a possible featured listing in a national magazine - so that is all good for her.

After next week I look forward to getting some painting time in and finishing up the paintings I started and with spring finally arriving I want to get outside and do some plein air painting as well - its been a long winter and its so good to see flowers popping up, grass turning green and the birds chirping - I saw my first robin - I think its really here!

No comments:

Post a Comment