March 7, 2014

"Not Gonna Do It Wouldn't Be Prudent at this Juncture"

Normally at this time of the year I would be insanely and I do mean "insane" - frantically painting away for the art show for western art week which is just around the corner - not this year.

Although I am painting and will have a number of brand new pieces which I will post here and on my website, I just won't be rapidly knocking years off my life with mega doses of caffeine and self-imposed sleep deprivation.

Its been ten years of doing that now and you would think it would get easier with each year but I have not found it so - the stress level seems to be rising for me and maybe because I'm in my fifties now, who knows? And isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over, year after year expecting different/better results with each time? Stop the madness already!

So I'm stepping away from the Western Week of Madness for this year at least - and in the meantime I do wish all those brave artists who are participating in it much success - lots of sales, gobs of exposure and as little art gossip as they can tolerate - you deserve it!

By the way if you are out and about during Western Art Week be sure to check out the auction pieces at the C.M. Russell Museum at 400 13th Street North in Great Falls, Montana. Quite the impressive show there and I feel rather honored to have had a piece juried into their Silent Auction - which will be on Thursday March 20th between 6pm and 9pm. So I'll see you there - if you're there!


James Bason oil painting
Noelle     30" x 30" oil on canvas 2013
lot #6 minimum bid $2400.

No comments:

Post a Comment