September 23, 2017

I've Been Experimenting

So lately I've been getting back to the basics of painting - you know: line, form, color, texture. I'm making marks so to speak without trying to represent a specific place or landscape and I must say that I am really enjoying it! And I'm using a whole different set of tools and materials too - instead of brushes I'm using putty knives and scrapers, wall-papering tools anything that makes a mark or scratches and scrapes - also I'm experimenting with cold wax medium with the oil paint and glazing medium with the acrylics. It's a bit challenging to not think of creating a typical landscape I'm used to but its very freeing once I do.

12" x 12" oil and cold wax on gessoed panel

10" x 10" acrylic/mixed media on gessoed panel


5.5" x 5.5" acrylic/mixed media on board


23.5" x 23.5" acrylic/mixed media on cradled gessoed panel





No comments:

Post a Comment